Happy Holidays! Enjoy this sweet and decadent treat on us...
Holiday Red Velvet Cake
- 1/2 cup Butter (room temperature)
- 1 and 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 Eggs (room temperature)
- 2 bottles (1oz each) Red Food Coloring
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 and 1/4 cups flour
- 2 tbsp baking cocoa
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 cup Buttermilk (room temperature)
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, careful not to overbeat. Beat in the food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the dry mixture to the creamed mixture; alternating with buttermilk. NOTE: You should begin and end with the dry ingredients.
- Scrap the bowl and give the mixture one last stir to ensure all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Pour batter into two (2) greased and floured 9-inch round baking pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 mins or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow the cakes to completely cool at room temperature while still in their pans.
- Once cooled, remove from the pans, place on a serving stand and ice with your favorite icing.
- Decorate with your favorite holiday treats or fresh fruit.
Moving Billions Group is a top producing team; our name serves as an expression which defines cities, neighborhoods, and communities beyond brick and mortar. We recognize that within each, exists a complex network; billions of vibrantly moving parts all working together toward common goals. And, at the core, is the principal notion that its citizens are all living the human experience; purposefully, searching to improve their collective quality of life.